Star Ace Carbon Airbox Hypermotard

Also meine lieben ich hab nun ne Telefonnummer von denen bekommen, da aber mein italienisch kaka ist könnte ich das nicht nutzen. Will eigentlich nur wissen obs einen Arm oder einen Arm und ein Bein kostet das Ding.

Nabend !

Bene...., jedoch:

Ist die denn im Volumen nun größer, und wenn ja, nur um die deutlich geringeren Wandstärken ?

Nur fürs Gewicht & die versteckte Optik ist der Preis eher grenzwertig.(m.M.)

Ciao

Spitfire

Ps: Uuuups, da steht was von 40% plus Volumen, das wäre fast unglaublich gut & wirklich viel !!!!

So wie ich die Sache sehe, ist die Box von denen "Positiv" um einen Form-Kern geklebt, deswegen auch die Bemerkung zur seidenmatten Oberfläche-

Wenn die Carbonlaminate mit Vakuum angelegt und ausgehärtet wurden.... TOP !

Edited by Spitfire

Was sich schon seit längerem vermiss nen Carbon Tank mit 3 Liter mehr volumen.

Hi !

Las doch den orig. Spritzgußtank drin.:cool:

Batteriefach als solches wegfallen lassen ! Tank bei einer Kunststoff-Firma mit 3 Seitenwänden zum erweitern als Tank umschweißen lassen(z.B. Fa. Plastec)

Batterie dafür natürlich (wenn dann LiFePo4) an einen anderen Ort verlagern......

nur wohin...?:guenni:

Links vorn unter die Seitenverkleidung !!!:geschockt::geschockt::geschockt::buttrock:

Greetinx

Spitfire

Es gab hier schon vom Miko Corse Bemühungen zum Thema Carbon Airbox. Hier sind doch soviel talentierte Leute vielleicht gibts mal ne Kleinserie?

@ spitfire

was würde so ein Tankumbau denn kosten hast du dich vielleicht schon erkundigt ?

Hi !

Kurzes off-toppic zum Tank>>>umschweisen:

Geht nur schwer, da der verarbeitete Kunststoff "vernetzt" ist, bzw. GENAU dieser schwierig zum vergrößern zu bekommen ist.

Aussage einer Düsseldorfer Fa..

Hätte gedacht das es mit geringen Probs doch möglich wäre.:huh:

Greetinx

Spitfire

Na ja, 325,- ohne Shipping ist nur 25,- $ unter Thekenpreis.

Herstellerpreis: 349,99

Hier fallen allerdings nur 10,- $ Shipping nach D an.

Ob der private Verkäufer da mithalten kann?

Viel sparst Du da am Ende nich', denke ich ...

Hi Ben and thanks for your invite on this 3D.

Hello to everyone,

I am star.ace and the airbox that is in this 3D is a my product.

I have an hypermotard and after I have bought this bike I have started to produce carbon parts for hypermotard (I work with carbon fiber from 20 years)

All my product are made with high tecnology process, they are not made with handmade layup.

Aeronautic fibers, HT epoxy resins, High temperature and pressures are using for my carbon fiber parts

I am proud of my product about hypermotard but about

this airbox was a goal of a long time of testings and proofs and I thinks is the best part that I have made.

below, you can see the technical data about the airbox

Finally here you can find the best for hypermotard.

Very low weight

Significate increse of performace (torque and horse power)

So....

CARBON RACING AIRBOX FOR DUCATI HYPERMOTARD

star.acecarbonparts

Carbon racing airbox* for all Hypermotard models* (2007 to 2011).

Manufactured with the best of existing technologies, in any configuration, a significant increase in performance of the bike (++++ hp and torque).

Tested for two years, now finally available.

Technical data:

- airbox body, intake trumpets, inner tank (vapor recovery fluid), full carbon.

- High strength epoxy matrix.

- Internal volume +40% compared to the OEM.

- Ready to ride, completely plug&play, without any modification

- Ultralightweight, 580 grams 1300 grams compared against the unit standard (excluding attachments)

- Optimized intake trumpets are available in two lengths to choose from:

** long intake trumpets, suitable for motorcycles with standard engine/exhaust/exhaust racing 2-2: significante increase in performance (torque and horsepower) from* 4500/5000 rpm*.

** short intake trumpets, suitable for motorcycles with racing engine/exhaust and* (especially in configuration 2-1), recommended for track use, very high increase of horsepower without losing torque*.

- Air filter (not supplied, so far as the original) in joint assembly, no tools required

- Semi-matt finish UV resistant, hand-polished (not varnished).

- Possibility to have the air box in full racing configuration *** with greater volume, without inner tank* (in this case you must provide to mount an external tank vapor recovery)

Do not hesitate to ask for more info.

The price is with a pair of intake trumpets mounted (different sizes can be ordered separately)

* After installation you should make a new carburetor and reset the throttle bodies, in the case of short horns for racing, even the test-stand.

** Suggested racing aftermarket filters such as BMC, Pipercross

*** It is not possible in this configuration back to version with internal tank vapor recovery

• 6 months later...

hi Ben

hi all,

other news about star.ace airbox

if you change only the airbox and the air filter (pipercross o BMC) you have immediately 4/5 horse power and more torque.

Remenber the the airbox has 4 air litres then the original parts

but if you want the best you have to change the exhaust sistem (without cat) and optimize the ECU configuration

many guys that have bought the airbox have the termignoni 2-1 or the SC 2-1 and the have up to 7/10 horse power and more torque.

I can send by mail some dyno graph (I can not able to upload the picture in this forum, I am sorry)

:-)

giuseppe