'99 996S

Viperguy

Engine: 996cc, FIM Performance chip Installed, Single Injector Mod, Carbon Air Box, BMC Air filter, Lightweight Clutch Bell, Carbon Vented Clutch Cover.

Exhaust: Akrapovic 60mm WSBK Full System Full Titanium

Suspension: Ohlins 3 way Rear Shock, Ohlins Steering Dampener, Showa TiN Forks.

BodyWork/Frame: 998 Race Carbon Sides with Bostrom Replica Paint work (clear coated), Stock tail in Bostrom Rep and Stock Upper, Carbon Front Fender, Carbon Under Tray, Carbon Chain Guard, Corse Rear Sets, Carbon Mirror Stays, Stock 998R tank.

Brakes/Final Drive: Brembo Radial 19x20 Front Master with Quick Adjusment cable, EVO Clutch Slave, Carbon Front Cover,

AFAM Front and Rear Sprockets(NEW),AFAM Quick Change Rear Hub Assy.(NEW), DID 520 RACE Spec Chain (NEW).

Asking offers over 7.000euro bike can be seen at topspeed Trier.

Johngerbas@hotmail.com

Edited by Viperguy

I guess the fantasie fairy at Ducati decided to wave her wand...its on the triples and on the papers.

#25 of 250 Are you a gambling man? ...I bet not

From the factory with Ohlins rear and steering stab, Carbon front fender/hugger/airbox/undertail, and 5 spoke Marchesini's.

But it has a different engine!!

The US-spec "S" models appeare to have the same chassis as the Euro "S", but they do have the Biposto engines. The Euro 996S has an SPS-engine with 1.6M ECU, the 998S has the 996R engine.

Guest Gast
Are you sure the 996S has a M1.6 ECU? Because all the SPS models feature P8 ECUs. And the 996S is actually a 916 SPS.

Ja, Dali hat Recht!

996S (gab es ja nur 2001) hatte den 996 SPS Motor, aber mit M1.6 Rechner und mit nur einem Pickup. Deswegen war die Leistung niedriger, beim damaligen Test in der Motorrad 121 PS!:thumbdown:

Ja, Dali hat Recht!

996S (gab es ja nur 2001) hatte den 996 SPS Motor, aber mit M1.6 Rechner und mit nur einem Pickup. Deswegen war die Leistung niedriger, beim damaligen Test in der Motorrad 121 PS!:thumbdown:

How many PS did the 996S 2001 euro model make? 123? for what price? :thumbdown:

I sure hope the intake,chip and the exhaust cover the whopping 2 PS. :cool:

Guest Gast
How many PS did the 996S 2001 euro model make? 123? for what price? :thumbdown:

121 PS real gemäß "Motorrad"

128 PS gemäß Ducati und damit genauso viel wie 996 SPS

121 PS real gemäß "Motorrad"

128 PS gemäß Ducati und damit genauso viel wie 996 SPS

everything I read says the SPS makes 123.. not 128.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/ducati_996_sps_2000.php

http://boardreader.com/thread/996_SPS_rockers_tp4X37f.html

Besides, why the fuck are you arguing this in my sale thread?

Do you have a problem with the price or something? It has a ton of extras and all for 8k ... the exhaust alone cost over 2k

Edited by Viperguy

Guest Gast

Ich diskutiere das doch gar nicht, mir ist das egal.

Ich dachte du wolltest das wissen. Dann habe ich das vielleicht falsch verstanden. Tut mir leid.

Mir ist auch der Preis fürs Motorrad egal. Mir ist nur aufgefallen, dass hier in Europa keine 99er 996 S bekannt ist.

Um Mißverständnissen vorzubeugen wäre es vielleicht sinnvoll in deinem deutschsprachigen Forum auch Deutsch zu sprechen.

Wäre auch für dich gut, denn so 100%ig hast du meine Postings ja nicht verstanden.

Edited by Michael748

Come on Viperguy...you surely want to make clear WHAT exactly you are going to sell, don't you??

For my understanding this looks like an A+ collectors bike and I'm sure it's worth the money. Why don't you put up some nice pics of it??

@ Ben: Yes I'am....like Michael already mentioned: they came up with SPS engines, just with one pickup for the 1.6M ECU and harness. I think they have been underestimated, as they were pretty bad mapped as stock. With the decent exhausts, setup and mapping, they were able for 130+ DIN-HP!!

Come on Viperguy...you surely want to make clear WHAT exactly you are going to sell, don't you??

For my understanding this looks like an A+ collectors bike and I'm sure it's worth the money. Why don't you put up some nice pics of it??

@ Ben: Yes I'am....like Michael already mentioned: they came up with SPS engines, just with one pickup for the 1.6M ECU and harness. I think they have been underestimated, as they were pretty bad mapped as stock. With the decent exhausts, setup and mapping, they were able for 130+ DIN-HP!!

Of course, when people ask for further details I send them the spec sheet that mentions it is US spec. The problem is i'm trying to sell it, and i've had to explain over and over and over that the SPS is not as golden as people like to think it is.

Over the past months tons of people have shown interest, when I explain to them it does not have a SPS motor they look at me like its a 748 power wise...when I ask them to tell me the differance all I get is "the SPS is better"... yea 2-3 hp better and has had tons of issues tuning wise. Having ridden both side to side I cannot tell the differance at all. That said, I feel that i'm going to be parting this one out due to the fear mongring I get at every corner by people who don't know what they are talking about.

As for it being A+ collectors bike, No it's more then 10 years old and has been ridden (I used it as a backup track bike). It has very low use which is nice ;) And the pipes are off a BSB..so they are not 100% perfect... well not show quality... I have my 848 for that.

I'll post up some pics.

• 4 months later...