996RS Corse race engine with loom, ECU & 60mm throttle bodies

tom.i

Ich verkaufe ein 996RS rennmotor mit einspritzanlage 60mm, kabelbaum, ECU & Eprom

I'm selling a complete Ducati Corse 996RS engine / throttle body / wiring harness / ECU & eprom package.

For anyone wanting to build a 996RS corsa bike this is a rare opportunity to acquire a major part of the bike all in one go.

Ducati updated and modified the design of the 996 RS many times, and so there are quite a few different versions of these parts out there. I know from first-hand experience how difficult it is to find the right ones to make it all work.

This package of parts i'm offering here are all compatible with each other which will save a great deal of potential headaches.

The package consists of:

1. A 996RS engine, built by G-Tech Performance from a combination of new and low milage components. Everything is full 996RS corsa spec:

Factory ported and flowed big-valve heads & manifolds

Sand-cast RS crankcases

Magnesium bolt-on deep sump and magnesium oil pickup

RS lightweight racing crank

Billet titanium Pankl conrods

Omega pistons

Corsa 431 inlet cams and “G” exhaust cams

Menon RS valves with taper collets

RS alternator & flywheel

Close ratio corsa gearbox

Lightened RS primary gears

RS oil pump

Mil spec engine pickups

RS vented clutch housing

RS belt pulleys & rollers

RS crankcase breather

RS water pump

Etc, etc.

In addition to all this, there is also a starter motor fitted for ease of use on the track.

Since it was first built the engine has done two seasons of occasional trackdays with a refresh at the start of each year and regular oil changes. This was all during the previous ownership and I have not used it since I bought it. I have looked the engine over, drained the oil out and found nothing to cause concern.

I can supply on request photos documenting the original engine build step-by step.

For anyone interested in purchasing the engine I will also offer a choice of inlet cams, so you can go with the classic 431 cams that are already fitted or a pair of later 450 inlet cams. The choice is yours.

2. A set of extremely rare Ducati Corse 996 Factory 60mm twin injector throttle bodies, complete with original corse mil-spec injector harness, 5-bar fuel pressure regulator and fuel hoses.

These are the same ones that were fitted to Fogarty's 1997 factory 996 and the later customer 996RS of '98/99

They are absolutely gigantic, featuring a unique design of fuel supply to each injector and a greatly increased fuel flow, using 4-point Marelli racing injectors operating at 5bar fuel pressure. The original Ducati Corse carbon fibre inlet trumpets are a work of art!

3. An original Ducati corse mil-spec wiring harness which is the correct one for use with the injector harness on the 60mm throttle bodies.

This is a '97/'98 RS two part wiring harness. It has the separate front switch and instrument section, and is for use with the analogue corse tachometer and water temperature guage.

The connectors that attach to the ECU amplifiers have been removed and the wires taped over, but I will supply a replacement set of connectors that can easily be re-attached. Apart from that there is a bit of heat damage on the earth wire but this too can easily be made good.

4. A P8 ECU with a choice of three corsa eproms mapped to run these throttle bodies (one original Ducati Corse ’97 eprom, new in the packet, and two specially made ones supplied by ex-British Superbike race mechanic Alan Shirley which have been set to a 12,000rpm limit).

For the whole package I am asking £4900 GBP + shipping.

I can have everything crated and shipped anywhere round the world. At a guess I would expect the cost to be between £200-£300 depending on destination, but if you’re seriously interested then message me for a specific quote.

I'm also open to sell the parts separately.

Prices as follows:

Complete 996RS engine £2,800

60mm throttle bodies, complete £1,800

Corse mil spec harness £375

P8 ECU with race eproms £350

I have quite a few other 748/916/996/998 corsa race parts available such as fuel tanks, race heads, gearboxes, crankcases, exhaust parts, brake discs and more, so get in touch if you're looking for anything specific.

The parts are located in the UK and priced in GBP. Paypal payment is fine if you add 4% to cover the charges.

Any questions just PM or email me at

tomirvine1 (at) mac (dot) com

Photos to follow.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...